The complete replacement of the bridge on Forest Road 423 at Laurel Fork Campround in Pocahontas County will soon require visitors to that part of the forest to plan their travel routes in the area. The bridge, located at the southeastern edge of the main campground, will be closed to all traffic during construction, which may begin as early as Monday. Although both the main campground and the adjacent overflow area on the other side of the bridge will remain open, visitors will not be able to drive between the two while the work is taking place.
- The bridge on Forest Road 423 will be replaced.
- Construction may begin as early as Monday.
- Visitors to Laurel Fork Campground will still have access to the sites.
- Weather permitting, a new bridge will be finished by the end of July.
- Vehicle traffic between the two campground sections will be closed.