The pie contest is returning to the 2012 Jackson's Mill Jubilee, set for this weekend in Weston.
The event is scheduled for Saturday afternoon.
Contestants are invited to enter pies between 2 and 3 p.m.; they can drive to the Pool Gate at Jackson's Mill to receive directions to the contest. Judging will begin at 3 p.m. and awards will be given when the judging is complete - tentatively scheduled to be between 4 and 4:30 p.m.
Ribbons and cash prizes will be awarded. Contest participants and visitors can sample the pies following the awards ceremony.
Contest rules are:
1. Pie fillings must have a West Virginia product (fruit, nut or vegetable) as the main ingredient.
2. Pie fillings must be made from fresh, home-preserved or home-frozen ingredients; commercially canned pie fillings will not be accepted.
3. Crusts may be either home prepared or commercially prepared.
4. Custard pies or pies containing any ingredient requiring constant refrigeration (such as cream cheese, whipped topping, etc.) will not be accepted because of a lack of refrigeration at the contest site.
5. There will be three divisions: Adult (18 and older) - Single Crust Pie; Adult (18 and older) - Double Crust Pie; and Youth Division (younger than 18) - Single or Double Crust Pie.
6. One copy of the recipe used must be submitted with each pie.
7. An individual contestant may enter up to two pies per category.
8. The decisions of the judges are final.
The contest is sponsored by Jenny Garton Insurance Agency Inc., representing State Farm insurance in Weston.
Additional information is available by calling Linda Schmidt at 304-269-5755.
More information about other events at the Jubilee can be found by calling 304-269-7777 or online at www.jacksonsmilljubilee.com.