Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Contact Us | Home RSS

Farm Agency accepting applications

October 26, 2012
The Inter-Mountain

West Virginia Farm Service Agency County Executive Director Steven C. Nestor announced that applications are now being accepted for debris removal under the Emergency Conservation Program for eligible producers who suffered agricultural damage due to the severe windstorm that occurred on June 29 in Lewis, Upshur and Gilmer counties.

To be eligible, applicants must be an agricultural producer and the land must be physically located in a county that has been approved for ECP. Land must also be normally used for farming operations such as producing agricultural commodities, or grazing for commercial livestock production. Producers are not eligible for ECP on land on which they are required to maintain the practice or the land under any other federal or state cost-share program such as, but not limited to, CRP or EQIP.

ECP will provide cost-share assistance to eligible agricultural producers to remove debris from farmland when it is interfering with normal farming operations. This is not an "entitlement" program and the damage must be of such magnitude that it would be too costly to rehabilitate the land without federal assistance.

Producers must have sustained an estimated minimum of at least $1,000 in damages be considered eligible for assistance. Damage estimates can include the farmers own manual and skilled labor, chainsaw operation, heavy equipment or farm tractor usage and other associated costs.

Applications are being accepted through Nov. 29. If you would like to apply, please call prior to making an office visit. This will allow office staff time to prepare and will shorten the time you have to spend in the office.

For more information contact the Lewis/Upshur & Gilmer FSA Office at 304-269-8431, ext. 2, or visit the office located just off U.S. 33, Grass Run Road exit East of Weston. Special accommodations will be made, upon request, for persons with disabilities, vision or hearing impairments. Please call if accommodations are required.



I am looking for:
News, Blogs & Events Web