By Chad Clem
A fourth child has died from burns suffered during a residential fire Monday morning in Elkins, officials said.
An 11-year-old girl, the oldest of the four children in the house during the Central Street fire, died today at the West Penn Burn Center in Pittsburgh, the West Virginia Fire Marshal's Office announced this evening.
This was the second death from the fire to be announced today, meaning all four children at the residence have died from their injuries.
This afternoon, Elkins Fire Chief Tom Meader said the third child - who succumbed to injuries today - was the 2-year-old twin of one of the two children who died on the scene Monday. The other child who died Monday was 4 years old, he said.
Three adults, including two parents, are being treated for injuries at the West Penn Burn Center.
Meader said a smoke detector was found on the premises but did not work for lack of batteries, and said "the fire apparently blocked the family's exits."
The state Fire Marshal's Office and the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are investigating the incident.
Updates to this article will be published to theintermountain.com as soon as they become available.