William E. "Bill" Harris celebrated his 90th birthday on May 10.
Born in 1924, he grew up in West Milford. Following graduation, he enlisted in the Navy, serving as a medical corpsman during World War II. Being honorable discharged, he enrolled and graduated from West Virginia University. He and his wife, Jean Lea (Waugh), settled in Parkersburg.
After retirement, they moved to Buckhannon. He is an active member of the Presbyterian Church, member of A.F. & A.M. Harmon No. 6 Clarksburg, Blue Lodge, 33rd Degree Scottish Rite of Freemasonry and Nemesis Shrine of Parkersburg.
He celebrated at his home with family.